- 28 Aug 2018
- 5 PM
Peel Bright Minds presents a series of Science Cafés throughout August across the Peel region in celebration of National Science Week 2018. Each Science Cafe is a free, all ages event to learn from scientific researchers about their projects in an informal setting (with yummy food).
The five events in the series are:
- Boddington, Wednesday 8th August, Black Sheep Cafe, 5.30pm to 8pm. The topics of the presentations will be ‘shedding light on dark matter’, and ‘keeping our brains healthy as we age’.
- Pinjarra, Tuesday 14th August, Jarra Infusion, 5.30pm to 8pm. Our presenters will guide us to discover spectacular citizen science projects that are helping scientists to track fireballs in the sky and understand important crop disease.
- Waroona, Tuesday 21st August, Totem Rustic, 5.30pm to 8pm. In this edition we will explore the theme of 'science from sea to scarp'.
- Byford, Thursday 23rd August, Bill Hicks Reserve Hall, 5.30pm to 8pm. Our presenters will explore the theme of 'frontiers in technology'.
- Mandurah, Tuesday 28th August, Make Place, 5.30pm to 8pm. In this edition we will learn about what helps us grow, and about pioneering research into treatments for Autism Spectrum Disorder.
All ages are welcome and encouraged to attend this event, including children under 18 accompanied by an adult. Please ensure that you register to secure your place using the hyperlinks above, as places are limited for each event.
At each of the events, some light refreshments will be provided, and additional food and drinks will be available for purchase from the cafes.
A quick (but very sincere) thank you! We are thankful for the support of the WA Committee for National Science Week for supporting this series via a small grant. We are also thankful to each of the fantastic venues that are hosting the events, without whom these events would not be possible.
Boddington, Pinjarra, Waroona, Byford, Mandurah WA